Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Poem: The Sign of the North Star

The Sign of the North Star

Upon a cool dark night,
I was looking up towards the sky,
looking back on fond memories of
so long ago.

And in that midst of darkness,
there appeared with hope,
and yet so bright,
was the north star,
shining in all of its might.




Up there, it sparkled so high,
it brought forth a hope in my heart,
It helped me to remember,
that not everything had fallen
apart.

The north star,
that lead so many from afar.
A light that provided guidance
that we seem to search for throughout our lives.

In a moment, when I prayed for hope,
when I was remembering so many memories that 
had touched a broken heart,
Its light shone anew
Reminding me,
that with His love,
yes, I could still cope.

A time, when you feel like you've come down,
there's always a symbol, or a sign
turning your heart completely around.

His love for us is never lost,
because we are His children,
we are always found. 

Just look up toward the sky,
for the north star.
It will bring a leap of faith,
and lift your love,
high up off the ground.

-Ariana R. Cherry-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment